Friday 9 August 2013

Catching up

Hi!
This year is flying by!
Last Friday we went to Brighton for my birthday
It was forecast thunderstorms, so we were a bit worried
But the weather was gorgeous!
We lay on the beach for ages and it was total bliss!
Dozing in the sun and hearing the waves crash onto the beach
A perfect day!

Here are some photos from the last week

This is a toy I was working on, but I didn't like how it turned out
So Sisco claimed it
I didn't take a pic, but my mum wrapped my pressies in Hello Kitty paper!
Never too old!
ha

Cute wrapping paper
In Brighton we went for lunch at Wai Kika Moo Kau
I spotted jojo's cakes 
They had so many vegan cakes that looked so good!
But we were too full
We shared a peanut tofu wrap and a breakfast
Yum!
The wrap was so fresh and perfect for a hot day
I'd definitely get it again
And you can't go wrong with a breakfast!
I just wish they did scrambled tofu
Heaven!
The next day I got a surprise from my mum
She told me before as she was excited about it!
haha
Now this was a surprise!
I've been online buds with Becky for ages
I actually did my first craft swap with her
I call her the 'party planner queen' as she plans the most amazing themed parties!
Check out some here
I love the fact she goes all out
I saw her amazing bead creations and commented on her pic and she said she'd make me one
I decided to send her something in return
So I sent her one of my plush foxes 
A few days before my birthday a huge cardboard envelope arrived
I didn't have a clue what it was
This is what was in it!
The hearts and dollars are ice cube trays
Seriously!
Isn't this amazing??
I'm going to hang it above my desk
Thank you so much Becky
You're a total sweetheart and a star 
Cute cards!
If you see this drink, try it!
It's so good!
I got some lovely presents, but these two were really special
I always try and get my birthday gifts from Etsy
Handmade is best!
This is from Paul
(I just realised I don't have any pics, so these are from the shops)
I'd had my eye on this ring for a long time and it didn't disappoint!
It's so pretty and dainty
The seller was really lovely and got my ring out fast as I wanted it for my birthday
This next one is from Paul's parents
It's been in my Etsy favourites for ages
I need to take a pic of mine as it's slightly different
But this is the one from the shop
I'm going to sound like a cheese ball, but it's totally magical!
Mine has a little bit more purple in it and it's so unique!
(Click on the pics to visit the shops)

The rest of the weekend was just spent relaxing
It was a really lovely birthday and I'm already planning my next trip to Brighton

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, birthday girl! You've got some great family and friends (and scenery!) to help you celebrate. Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so lovely Claire. Those chips and beans look yummy!

    Happy, Happy Birthday my dear friend.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Look's like you had some wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post and a great blog. You've earned yourself another follower on GFC. I hope you'll do the same.

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Brighton! You'll have to come back soon for a cupcake!

    That ring is gorgeous and I loooove your craft swap pony from Becky, so rad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will!
      My eyes are always bigger than my belly when I go to Brighton
      Love it there so much!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!