Sunday 18 July 2010

* Graduation, Looking to the Future & Alice in Wonderland *

So Friday was my university graduation!
It was 11am and we booked a taxi for 8.45 so I had time to get there and register etc.

I got a text message just as we were due to get picked up saying our taxi was going to be late.
Ok, I thought. We were leaving early anyway so we had plenty of time to get there.
A little stressed but ok...
25 minutes later, no taxi!
Uh ohhhh!
The next 5 minutes was a call that was put on hold which seemed like FOREVER.
Eventually we got told it would be 10 minutes
Stress rising a little more....
To cut a long story short, it turns out the taxi company didn't have any idea when our taxi would get here!
Arghhhhh!











Luckily after some calling around the boyfriend finds a nearby taxi firm that can get here in 5 minutes!
After some speedy driving and A LOT of overtaking we go there!!!
Phew!!!

The day was perfect. Emotional, happy and shared with people I love.
Unfortunately my boyfriends parents couldn't make it, but I felt they were with me on the day
And......I didn't trip on stage!!!













(I am quite clumsy and had sooo many people telling me 'watch your step Claire' and 'Don't trip on your gown' HAHA)




So college is finished for me and I am excited to see what the future holds for me
But next I really want to visit my boyfriends parents, family and friends in Wales.
I miss the beaches, fresh air and of course loved ones.
My old flat was right by the beach and my boyfriend and I would often go down to the waters edge and watch cute puppies splashing around in the sea! Lovely

Interesting fact:
Looking over the beach where I used to walk used to be the hotel which was once the holiday home of Alice Liddell, the girl who inspired Alice in Wonderland. On the front there is also an Alice statue. Unfortunately it was knocked down late last year.














The town also used to have an Alice in Wonderland mini museum called 'The Alice in Wonderland Centre' but it also got closed due to lack of interest. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tauspace/llandudno.htm
They had an indoor walk-through Wonderland Rabbit Hole with life-sized animated displays of well known scenes from the Alice story. I went when I was little and again when I was about 17 (I always loved the story) They had an adorable gift shop and I always wanted an Alice dress. Maybe one day I will get one.











If you ever get the chance to visit Llandudno, do. It's such a cute little town and some of the bu
ildings are listed and have have stayed true to the Victorian style of the past.






























2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that Alice history is so cool! I went to Conwy last year, now I wish I had gotten out to Llandudno. I was so close, afterall!

    Congratulations on your graduation. It's such a major milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Conwy is very pretty too!
    Thank you for the congrats!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!