Saturday 29 October 2011

Cat Crazy Saturday - Halloween Tutorial

For this Cat Saturday I decided to do a tutorial to make a little costume for your cat (or dog, bunny, parrot etc)
This is my 1st tutorial on my blog, so hopefully I've explained things well!

Ok, here we go!

1. Collect everything you need
  • Card
  • Scissors
  • Pets collar
  • Ruler
  • Pen
  • Orange & Back felt
  • Pins & a needle
  • Thread (I forgot to photograph)












2. Measure the length of your pets collar








3. Take off about 2 cm's each side off the length of the collar and cut out a square based on that
Then cut it out of felt

















4. Then it's time to cut out your pumpkins face. I didn't use a pattern for these as I think they look good a bit rough.
Pin them down and then sew on













5. All done! You can give the felt a little iron to flatten it down a little, it just makes it look neater














6. Fold in half and pin together










7. Next cut off the corners so it fits onto the collar and it's easier to slide the collar through













8. Sew up! I just used a basic running stitch, but if you have time I think a blanket stitch would look really nice













9. Slide the collar through











10. Next is the hardest part!
Trying to get a photograph
Sisco was very happy to just sit with it on, but she wasn't a very cooperative model!













































































Hope you liked it!
If you make one I'd love to see
Just leave me a link in the comments!
Have a lovely Halloween weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I was just catching up on your blog and imagine my surprise to see you got your sweet cat back!! Golly it's been a while since I've been here. I'm so so happy for you guys! And that costume is super sweet. I should make one for my bunny.
    Have a happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I wish I had an animal friend to dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I might try this idea for Christmas (I'm a little late for Halloween :/) Your Cisco looks exactly like my Bagheera, I have some pictures of my cats on my blog as well http://jessicaperkins.blogspot.com/
    Keep posting awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! i don't think sadie would like it tho.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your tutorial note on the Etsy team we both belong to. Following you now. Nice tutorial.
    "balmyatticarts" Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a totally awesome idea---my pups would not like it on but it looks so easy I may have to make a couple and see if they tear them off of each other. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little late for me this year, but I know what my cat will be rocking next Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!